We are a non-profit organisation that provides on-going support, education and advocacy for people with MS and their support networks. We aim to educate the general public, employers and health professionals about MS and to actively encourage on-going medical research. On this site you can find information, education and support to assist those with MS and their support networks to achieve their full potential in South Canterbury.
MS Society Field Workers provide on-going support to people with MS by:
- working with people newly diagnosed with MS on a one-to-one basis
- offering up-to-date knowledge of MS and its management
- providing advocacy and support
- offering counselling or referrals to appropriate agencies
- supporting partners, carers, families, friends, health professionals, employers and workmates
- facilitating groups for people newly diagnosed and their partners, carers, children, workmates
- offering assessment facilitation
- providing social contact with other people with MS, on either a group or individual basis
- liaising with other services such as home-based care providers, community health services, counsellors, health professionals and Income Support to coordinate client needs carrying out assessments for total mobility.
Empowering people with Multiple Sclerosis, to lead independent, active and fulfilling lives as they are able.